Second Social Board

Mandatory Sexual Assault Workshop

From: Lethal | Posted: September 20, 2017, 8:18:10 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
Anybody else ever have to do one of these for work or school?

I live in res at university and all residents have to go to one of these. I have homework to do, and this is a complete fucking waste of my time. Putting aside my personal situation (I'm 28 years old, raised by my mother and older sister. Telling me not to rape is really old news at this point), doesn't this expose a fundamental flaw in the admissions system?

What I mean is, if you're 18+ years old and you either don't know a) what sexual assault is, or b) not to do it, you're clearly too fucking dumb to be in university in the first place. The admissions people failed in their job when they let you in. This is what happens when you evaluate people solely on their grades: you end up accepting some absolute morons. Besides which, if you want to give people incentive not to rape, one sentence will do: "rapists get raped the most in prison." There, done.

Not much point to this rant, I'm just really not looking forward to an hour of being spoken to like a child about shit that I internalized over a decade ago.
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: Link Dude | Posted: September 20, 2017, 11:01:28 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
ya gotta stop raping if you want these things to stop
---
LMAO i'm into guys - Ant P
From: Lethal | Posted: September 21, 2017, 6:56:41 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
?

I don't rape. Rape jokes on the other hand....
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: October 4, 2017, 13:01:11 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
This is pretty late but here are my two cents:

I agree it can be annoying to have things like this especially if you feel like you're covering well-trodden grounds for yourself but maybe having somebody who is a bit more mature might give some extra insight for those less so. Plus you might pick up on techniques to help other people around if you see something untoward happening at a party. You might get something valuable from it!
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Deuce | Posted: October 8, 2017, 5:17:20 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
It's just a liability thing, and also probably required by the government depending on what kind of university it is. Likely also pushed by a women's group on campus too, so they'd catch too much flak for not doing it.

That being said, I found a girl on a utility room floor when I was on rounds one night. No amount of workshops or training can ever prepare you for that encounter, but parts of it were definitely useful. Stay at least 6 feet away if you can, sit or crouch to make yourself seem smaller, position yourself somewhere where you're not between her and the exit, and of course get another woman in the room as fast as possible.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.