The Brink

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

Blast from the past

From: GarlandG | Posted: September 24, 2015, 18:10:27 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
So I stumbled upon this site by accident and thought "hey, isn't this that site from back in the day and don't I have an account here?" I sure did, and I got both the user name and password on the first try. I never was an active poster here, but it's nice to see that some familiar names are still around.
From: Talic | Posted: September 25, 2015, 5:58:54 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
Hey Garland!

Hope life has been treating you well.

I feel a little bad asking this, but how goes (went?) The ultimate FF7 speed run? I remember you starting it way back when, but I havent kept up.
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: Lethal | Posted: September 26, 2015, 7:34:12 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
It is just SO like Garland to be travelling through time like that...
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: Squire636 | Posted: September 28, 2015, 6:27:21 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
I stopped following the speed run after a while but I think he ended up quitting because it was too insanely difficult (needed too much good luck).
From: Link Dude | Posted: September 28, 2015, 9:43:11 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
That's what he gets for not playing his own character's game.
---
LMAO i'm into guys - Ant P
From: GarlandG | Posted: September 28, 2015, 18:13:54 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
I haven't quit the speed run. I'm just on a very long break. It happens every time I reach a very long and luck reliant segment. I simply don't have the patience any more. You could say I'm too old for this shit.
From: Link Dude | Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:41:23 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
Yeah, just like how I took a decade long break from finishing the .hack series.
---
From: Talic | Posted: October 2, 2015, 12:39:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
Link Dude Said:
Yeah, just like how I took a decade long break from finishing the .hack series.
---

Those games did get repetitive as hell. Though I'm oddly proud of myself for besting that entire series.
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: Deuce | Posted: October 2, 2015, 21:16:05 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
At first I was curious what someone would be googling to accidentally stumble across the Brink, and then I googled it and discovered that there's an HBO show called The Brink. Interesting.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: October 3, 2015, 9:54:14 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
Don't forget the game!
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
[E] From: Lethal | Posted: October 4, 2015, 8:34:06 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
Good game, that. Would have been great if it was about 5-10 times longer.
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: Nick | Posted: October 6, 2015, 4:02:51 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
Just like your dick.

---
http://gensou.us
Former Brink Moderator
From: Lethal | Posted: October 6, 2015, 16:15:35 | Message Detail | Quote | #013
Fuck, well played sir. I kind of walked into that one :p
---
From: GarlandG | Posted: October 8, 2015, 0:33:47 | Message Detail | Quote | #014
So anyway, I found my old topics and it turns out my last visit here was in 2011. I was sure it had been much longer.
From: Talic | Posted: October 9, 2015, 4:32:53 | Message Detail | Quote | #015
Time seems longer (and shorter) than it really is.

All in all it's good to hear from you Garland. I've pretty much stopped visiting GameFaqs, so I don't even know if you still post there.

I don't have the time anymore for posting regularly. Although this place still seems to get me to come back often enough.
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: GarlandG | Posted: October 11, 2015, 4:01:51 | Message Detail | Quote | #016
I check the FFVII board and a couple of other boards weekly, but I rarely post. Some users from the old days are still around, like shadow666 and Raiu.

I'm most active on Youtube these days. Currently doing a rather tough FFX challenge.
From: Talic | Posted: October 12, 2015, 6:07:43 | Message Detail | Quote | #017
Glad to hear there are still some familiar names around there.

And yeah I see the videos you post on YouTube. I don't even know what that OSGANONSNR stands for, but I'm sure it isn't easy. I've played FFX countless times, but I've never tried a challenge game for it.
---
The Hall of Thrax