The Brink

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

Taking the FAR portion of the CPA exam on Wednesday.

From: Talic | Posted: August 7, 2015, 12:25:02 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
Wish me luck?

It stands for Financial Accounting and Reporting for the Certified Public Accountant exam. If I pass I get 18 months to pass the other 3 parts.

And if I fail...I will be studying even harder for next time I guess lol.
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: Deuce | Posted: August 7, 2015, 18:46:56 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
Good luck. I've never used my accounting degree and really can't imagine ever using it.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: Talic | Posted: August 10, 2015, 6:18:37 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
Thanks. Accounting degrees are helpful and pointless at the same time I think.

It's a pain in the ass to get your cpa. But I'm in one of the few occupations where I meet the requirements to get it, so I thought I should take advantage of that opportunity. Plus my employer is paying for 80% of it so long as I pass all 4 parts in the 18 month period.
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: Link Dude | Posted: August 10, 2015, 15:08:07 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
If nothing else, it'll make for great resume padding.
---
LMAO i'm into guys - Ant P
From: Squire636 | Posted: August 13, 2015, 18:41:58 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
Definitely worth doing if they're paying. My girlfriend recently passed all of them. Not only did her company pay for her first attempt at each exam (and it only took her one try), they also gave her a 5 bonus for passing within the first year. Perks of working at a big company, I guess.
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: August 14, 2015, 10:08:09 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
So how did it go?
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Talic | Posted: August 14, 2015, 11:15:29 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
I'm not sure really. I felt good about some and confused about other questions. I'll find out on Aug 25 if I passed. If I didn't pass I know what I'll need to work on and will take it in the beginning on October.

And wow Squire. Your girlfriend must be pretty smart lol. The passing rates for those exams are between 47%-55% roughly. That's great for her.
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: deletemypostsdeuce | Posted: August 22, 2015, 12:27:57 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
good luck buddy

you're doing the things i planned to do but never did because i'm a worthless piece of shit
---
http://thraxatron.blogspot.com/
From: Talic | Posted: August 25, 2015, 3:34:54 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
Thanks Thrax. I wouldn't say worthless. This is a lot of work and sometimes I wonder if it is worth it.

I did pass though guys! I got an 80 and you needed a 75 to pass. So I'm pretty fucking pumped right now
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: Deuce | Posted: August 25, 2015, 21:07:50 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
Did you celebrate by eating the corners off of the results? I'm not sure why, but that was a thing when I was in college.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: deletemypostsdeuce | Posted: August 26, 2015, 2:17:07 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
grats
---
http://thraxatron.blogspot.com/
From: Talic | Posted: August 26, 2015, 7:19:47 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
Lol no I didn't Deuce. That wasn't a thing where I went to college. I celebrated mostly by deleting the screenshots I took of all the wrong answers I did on the m/c questions and deleted the progress test scores I got while studying. It was close to 50 screenshots I think.

And than you Thrax.
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: Ohnoesasaurus | Posted: September 12, 2015, 21:29:52 | Message Detail | Quote | #013
grats on adulting
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one's mine.
From: Talic | Posted: September 15, 2015, 4:55:59 | Message Detail | Quote | #014
Thanks. Feeling pretty good about the Auditing exam so far too. Taking that in November I think
---
The Hall of Thrax
From: Squire636 | Posted: September 17, 2015, 16:34:45 | Message Detail | Quote | #015
Talic Said:
I'm not sure really. I felt good about some and confused about other questions. I'll find out on Aug 25 if I passed. If I didn't pass I know what I'll need to work on and will take it in the beginning on October.

And wow Squire. Your girlfriend must be pretty smart lol. The passing rates for those exams are between 47%-55% roughly. That's great for her.
---
The Hall of Thrax

Yeah she's pretty smart but she also studied her ass off. No social life for months. Most of her friends were doing the same thing though so she didn't miss much.

Congrats on passing FAR, and good luck on the next three. You definitely don't need to do it the way my girlfriend did, she just wanted to be done as fast as possible and before work got too crazy.
From: Talic | Posted: September 24, 2015, 7:20:56 | Message Detail | Quote | #016
Thanks. Yeah it's crazy how boring life is while studying this stuff. I'm at work an hour before to study, study at lunch, and stay an hour late to study. Plus I get up around 6ish on sat and sun to get studying in. I still try to have a life, but it isn't easy
---
The Hall of Thrax