The Brink

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

After 10 or so years...what keeps you coming back here?

From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: March 6, 2015, 8:50:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
I'll respond later when I figure it out myself.
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Lethal | Posted: March 6, 2015, 12:40:07 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
I think Nick was on to something in the other topic: this place is like a little piece of our past that we can always come back to. When the stresses of an adult life start to wear you down, it's nice to have a place where you can go and relax and rip on 10 guys you've never met before (minus you of course Fade, but the last time I saw you was probably about when we started coming here, or maybe even before).

Which is another interesting thing about this place. With the exception of Fade (and cait sith, although he stopped coming a long time ago), I've never met any of you guys. I don't even know what you look like. And yet here we are 10 years later, still sporadically chatting about random shit in this virtual hole-in-the-wall. I guess there's a sense of stabilty here that I like.
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
[E] From: Squire636 | Posted: March 8, 2015, 13:41:40 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
Yeah I don't know, I can't explain it. I've changed so much since the early days of Gensou and The Brink, but I keep checking this site occasionally. Nostalgia, maybe?

Honestly, I've pretty much forgotten who everyone is. I feel like I used to have a distinct relationship with (almost) everyone here and now I have trouble keeping track of who is who, which is sad. And I've never met anyone from here in real life either. Very strange.
From: Deuce | Posted: March 8, 2015, 21:14:00 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
Boredom of course.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: Link Dude | Posted: March 8, 2015, 21:54:09 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
I forget about this place and one day I'll suddenly remember and be like 'welp, time to go post in the ten most recent threads and leave again.'
---
LMAO i'm into guys - Ant P
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: March 9, 2015, 5:37:15 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
I probably check this site everyday while I'm taking a shit, before I head to GameFAQs...
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Talic | Posted: April 2, 2015, 10:46:18 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
I like what Lethal said. It all seems familiar and reminds me of a simpler time.

And even though none of us have really ever met I guess I consider you all friends. It's always nice to catch up with people you know.
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 14, 2015, 15:16:18 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
A few is us have met once or twice in person... I wouldn't recommend it to be honest.
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: April 14, 2015, 17:36:12 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
Who did you meet? Why did they suck?
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Ozzmark | Posted: April 15, 2015, 2:56:59 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
I'm sure Blaarg is joking and is/was real life friends with Deuce and Useless.
---
Flowasauroarrrrrrr
"That sounds like foil talk to me... you must be in leauges with teh footballs!" - Deuce
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 15, 2015, 5:38:15 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
I have no idea what you are talking about, good sir.
---
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: April 17, 2015, 15:58:57 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
Right. I forgot about that.

Also, I was going through some old files and came across this: http://imgur.com/1T2jPnN (It's Deuce)

I think that was when I first discovered photoshop and was (am) not very good at it.
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Lethal | Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:38:02 | Message Detail | Quote | #013
Huh... he looks like the front man to a quasi-angsty 90's rock band or something.
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: Link Dude | Posted: April 19, 2015, 15:45:44 | Message Detail | Quote | #014
Lobsterpunch Said:
Right. I forgot about that.

Also, I was going through some old files and came across this: http://imgur.com/1T2jPnN (It's Deuce)

I think that was when I first discovered photoshop and was (am) not very good at it.
---
I am 10 ninjas.

This like the internet version of 'never meet your heroes.' *sigh*
---
From: deletemypostsdeuce | Posted: August 22, 2015, 12:27:19 | Message Detail | Quote | #015
well i got drunk and missed 2008 so here i am
---
http://thraxatron.blogspot.com/
From: Talic | Posted: August 25, 2015, 3:37:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #016
thraxina Said:
well i got drunk and missed 2008 so here i am
---
http://thraxatron.blogspot.com/

I almost want to add that to the hall for shits and giggles
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: Link Dude | Posted: August 25, 2015, 10:43:22 | Message Detail | Quote | #017
I almost made a horrible Black Eyed Peas response but I stopped myself in time.
---
From: Ohnoesasaurus | Posted: September 12, 2015, 21:29:04 | Message Detail | Quote | #018
idk my bff jill
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one's mine.