Video Game Central

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

The last game I can remember buying on a whim

From: Deuce | Posted: July 29, 2012, 20:19:27 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
Was probably XIII, and seeing as I got it in a bargain bin for like 15 dollars and we wound up having so much fun with it that we bought the GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 versions just to get the extra game modes in each of them, I'd say it was worth it. Of course that was also like 8 years ago... these days it's rare that a game comes out without me having at least heard of it.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: July 30, 2012, 4:29:59 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
I think the last one I bought on a whim was Morrowind... I had to buy a Gforce MX440 or something video card just to run it...

Pre-order was amalur kingdoms of reckoning...
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Ohnoesasaurus | Posted: July 30, 2012, 8:08:13 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
Last pre-order was Prototype 2, and I only did that because I got Prototype 1 for free with it.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one's mine.
From: Burgess | Posted: July 30, 2012, 15:31:17 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
Last and only game that I have ever preordered was the Balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever.

No regrets. I do wish that I would have preordered the Big Dumbass version of Borderlands 2, I didn't even know about it before it was sold out.

---
Burgess© [Z?]
http://blog.myspace.com/burgess51
From: Deuce | Posted: July 30, 2012, 16:20:24 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
I've never heard of that either, or I might've preordered it. Considering I pretty much played the first Borderlands for a year straight before New Vegas finally tore me away from it, I'm really hoping Borderlands 2 is just as addictive.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.