Announcements

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

Alright people, enough of this.

From: Deuce | Posted: July 30, 2007, 21:09:24 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
The constant trolling and flaming that's been going on lately is going to stop. I'm tired of this crap, I can't even open a topic here anymore without seeing someone flaming someone else or insulting someone's preferences about food, movies, books, music or whatever.

When there're only ~16 or so people that actually post on any sort of regular basis, it just can't work anymore once people start doing this crap all the damn time. I've been a spinoff drifter for a long damn time now, and I've seen this exact same thing destroy countless spinoffs because the admins were too stupid and/or spineless to do anything about it.

I'm not going to let it happen here. The Brink is my site - you'll follow my posting rules or you'll get the hell out, it's that simple. Starting right now, any and all flaming, no matter if it's as minor as calling someone a nub, is going to get you a minimum of three karma loss. I don't care if you were joking, I don't care if everyone thought it was funy, and I don't care if they flamed you first or whatever. And let's be clear here: this is not GameFAQs. You will not be allowed to rack up countless moderations without getting banned as long as you still have karma. Cause problems consistently, and I'm simply going to get rid of you permanently.

The Brink was supposed to be a place where I could post freely with some of the people I ran into on GameFAQs (or on spinoffs, AIM, et cetera) without having the flood of douchebags that inevitably invade every board on the site. The people I want posting here are the ones that're mature enough that they wouldn't post this kind of stuff in the first place, so that we would never have these problems. If you can't demonstrate some restraint and post without being asses to each other, I don't want you posting here.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: Blitz | Posted: July 31, 2007, 6:26:47 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
Ban Link Dude, he's the damn problem.
---
:banana:
"Seifer01: if i don't have anything good, i might as well ruin something for someone else"
"Turn your backs on your enemies...And let those motherfuckers rot in their jealousy " -- Trivium
From: Kyle | Posted: July 31, 2007, 6:33:02 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
kk
---
survey says boom ya dumb bitch
From: Talic | Posted: July 31, 2007, 7:21:39 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
Just one question, is my sig alright? (Beside the fact that it's kind of big)
---
The New Hall of Thrax
If any car hits me at a decent speed, all three hundred pounds of 6'0 me is going fetal position through their windshield and into my future medical lawsuits concerning my broken spine and glass filled back. >_>
Nick and I have been butt buddies for years. >_>
I had a shit that came out fucking sideways. Do you know how fucking much that fucking hurts? It was like 6 fucking inches long. I bled for like 20 minutes after the 40 minute shit ended.
From: Ohnoesasaurus | Posted: July 31, 2007, 8:06:58 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
Blitz is right.

I find myself saying that a lot lately.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one's mine.
[E] From: Talic | Posted: July 31, 2007, 8:43:03 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
What about the whole "Ozz shut the fuck up" thing? ^
---
The New Hall of Thrax
If any car hits me at a decent speed, all three hundred pounds of 6'0 me is going fetal position through their windshield and into my future medical lawsuits concerning my broken spine and glass filled back. >_>
I had a shit that came out fucking sideways. Do you know how fucking much that fucking hurts? It was like 6 fucking inches long. I bled for like 20 minutes after the 40 minute shit ended.
From: chobe | Posted: July 31, 2007, 8:52:41 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
Okay.

---
"Neil, the bathroom's free! Unlike the country, under the Thatcherite junta."
From: deletemypostsdeuce | Posted: July 31, 2007, 9:05:13 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
And there goes anything resembling an active message board
---
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
From: Link Dude | Posted: July 31, 2007, 10:13:03 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
Ban Blitz and Ohnoes, they're the problems.
---
http://www.thefluxnet.org/boards/index.php
Join the Flux today!
From: Ozzmark | Posted: July 31, 2007, 10:57:19 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
Talic300 Said:
---
The New Hall of Thrax

I'll be a dick and ruin more fun and say that offends me.
---
The Jews have shifted their shapes!
From: Kyle | Posted: July 31, 2007, 13:51:28 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
Talic300 Said:
---
The New Hall of Thrax

They started modding that anyway. <_<
---
survey says boom ya dumb bitch
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: July 31, 2007, 17:25:36 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
I for one am happy about this. I know that I don't have a spotless record, but I think this'll be good for the site.
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Massive Lulz | Posted: July 31, 2007, 18:27:58 | Message Detail | Quote | #013
This is a pretty obnoxious sticky.

Oh crap that's trolling isn't it???
[E] From: Sine | Posted: July 31, 2007, 20:25:47 | Message Detail | Quote | #014
Bring. It. On.
[E] From: AceC | Posted: July 31, 2007, 20:27:19 | Message Detail | Quote | #015
LOL, that's lame.

---
The practice of a cultivated man is to refine himself by quietude and develop virtue by frugality. Without detachment, there is no way to clarify the will; without serenity, there is no way to get far. - Zhuge Liang ~220 C.E.
From: Deuce | Posted: July 31, 2007, 20:29:27 | Message Detail | Quote | #016
I see what you did there. >_>

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: Seifer | Posted: July 31, 2007, 20:41:56 | Message Detail | Quote | #017
I saw what he did there too, but before he did it <_<
---
"Then don't blame a perfectly good alarm clock.Blame your fucking shit ass self." - A perfectly good rant by Ozz
From: Lavalord | Posted: July 31, 2007, 21:57:46 | Message Detail | Quote | #018
It's safe to say we see what he did >_>
---
Gris, Gri*, Gr*s, Gr**, G*is, G**s, G***, ***s, **is, *ris, *r*s, *ri*
Did I miss any?
From: Sine | Posted: July 31, 2007, 22:07:57 | Message Detail | Quote | #019
bah
From: Endless Paradise | Posted: August 1, 2007, 11:20:45 | Message Detail | Quote | #020
I wasn't even aware there was actually a problem with anything like that. o_O I thought you all got along fairly well, considering the small userbase of this site. Oh well.
From: Talic | Posted: August 1, 2007, 11:49:54 | Message Detail | Quote | #021
I don't think anyone takes it that seriously. I think Deuce is just tired of seeing pointless posts and he doesn't want the Brink to end up with that being the only thing said on the boards.

Just my two cents.
---
The New Hall of Thrax