Announcements

This topic has been archived. No more messages may be posted in it.

Bandwidth usage (current month) 323.44 Megabytes

From: Deuce | Posted: October 9, 2005, 22:46:41 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
Depending on how many songs of the day I do, how many posts per day there are, how much massive uploading/downloading I do, and a few other factors, we use approximately one to two percent of our total bandwidth every month. With so much spare disc space and bandwidth sitting around, I figure it won't hurt to share it with the rest of you, so I ask:

How many of you would be interested in a subdomain?

For example, http://srg.brinkofinsanity.net

You'd have complete access to uploading files to the subdomain, and I wouldn't particularly care what you put on it unless you started to absorb too much of our bandwidth.

Keep in mind, however, that I would still have complete access to anything you upload, and any highly offensive or unreasonably illegal material would be grounds for revocation. Under no circumstances would I randomly take a stroll through your files looking for inappropriate content, but if I were to ever receive a complaint from someone about material on your subdomain, you can imagine that I wouldn't be very happy about it.

I imagine this would be nice for those of you with sites currently hosted on Yahoo, freewebs, and so forth, as well as a much simpler way of uploading screenshots and pictures rather than using photobucket or some other site.

If you're interested, all I request is that you IM me at some point to talk about some of the details. I won't declare a definite number that'll be given out, but for now, almost all of you will be considered.

If you have technical questions, please ask them in this topic, since several of you are likely to have the same or similar questions. If you're not familiar with FTP or other things related to using the subdomain, don't worry - I'll help you with it as fast and as well as I'm able.
From: Blitz | Posted: October 10, 2005, 9:38:32 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
I'll talk to you when I get out of school.
From: Deuce | Posted: October 10, 2005, 9:59:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
A note for those of you that're interested but don't have/don't feel like using AIM:

I'm only requesting you contact me through AIM because I'll have to be giving everyone passwords to their specific subdomain, and if anyone ever happened to have access to something they shouldn't (your account, the database, et cetera), your password would be at risk if you failed to delete the PM for some reason. If you don't have AIM or don't want to use it for some reason, an email will do just fine.

Simply send me an email including your desired name (try to keep it at least semi-inoffensive and fairly short) and a desired password. If you're using an email account I'm not familiar with, please make sure you note who you are somewhere in the email.

I tend to only check my email while I'm at work, right when I get back from work, and right before I go to sleep in the morning, so if you do happen to email me something, you'll get a much faster response if you also PM me to tell me that you've sent me an email.
From: Majin Don | Posted: October 10, 2005, 12:30:32 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
Please give me one!

Webfaqs is about to expire...
From: Deuce | Posted: October 10, 2005, 13:26:32 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
You're the entire reason this is in there:

almost all of you will be considered

Although as previously mentioned, once webfaqs expires, I'd consider letting you have one if you haven't gotten yourself banned before then.
From: Majin Don | Posted: October 10, 2005, 13:32:58 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
You totally didn't need to post the "almost" thing again. <_<
From: YonaZ | Posted: October 13, 2005, 12:22:20 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
I'd be intrested, but logging in on AIM, it's not worth it. ;;>_>
From: Deuce | Posted: October 13, 2005, 12:31:33 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
I already said you could email me if you'd prefer not to use AIM. >_>

And if anyone's interested, so far only three of these exist (counting SRG's...).
From: YonaZ | Posted: October 13, 2005, 13:54:42 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
Well. I'll be busy the nearest two weeks, but after that I will become interested man and contact ye, okay?
From: Deuce | Posted: October 13, 2005, 22:28:32 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
That's fine, there's no time limit or anything like that.
From: Metal | Posted: October 31, 2005, 13:26:50 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
Heh, maybe if I actually took some sort of basic computer knowledge classes, I'd know what you're talking about (and thus be interested in). -_-
From: Majin Don | Posted: January 1, 2006, 20:15:37 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
I want a don.brinkofinsanity.net since webfaqs expired, plz.
From: Nick | Posted: January 2, 2006, 5:21:39 | Message Detail | Quote | #013
Is it still possible for me to get one? <_<
From: Ozzmark | Posted: January 2, 2006, 13:53:31 | Message Detail | Quote | #014
Your going to make a mini Gensou where you make notepad topics and then people message you on AIM for responses then you reply with another one?>_> <_< Just thinking here.
From: Majin Don | Posted: January 2, 2006, 14:22:40 | Message Detail | Quote | #015
Nick, I'm going to buy the gensou.us domain name. <_<