The Brink

Bought a new car

From: Talic | Posted: May 6, 2021, 10:26:16 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
I usually try and let everyone know when things happen in my life. Maybe not huge, but it's big for me. So for the first time in my adult life I bought a brand new car. 2021 Subaru Forester.

I was shocked that I got 5k as a trade in for my 2011 Honda Accord that had over 136k miles on it. I legit thought I'd have that car for another 5 years, but I was hinting at a new car to my wife maybe a month ago and just last weekend she really got into the idea and now I have a new car. Feels weird.
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: Lobsterpunch | Posted: May 13, 2021, 11:34:45 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
Nice! That is a good feeling and I hope you enjoy your new car!

I had a similar thing happen in December! My 2011 Kia Sportage got totaled (no injuries) and I was expecting to get nothing. Worst part was that I was still financing it. Insurance actually bought it for $13k which was enough to pay off the loan and gave us enough to buy our current car outright! While I miss my Sportage and probably wouldn't have gotten a new car anytime soon had it not got broke I'm pretty happy with how things turned out!
---
I am 10 ninjas.
From: Deuce | Posted: May 15, 2021, 22:35:49 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
The Charger I'm driving right now is the first time I bothered with a brand new car. It still feels new even though I've had it for close to three years. With how little I use it now that I'm out of Atlanta, I'm hoping I'll have it for a really long time. Haven't even put a thousand miles on it since I got back to Illinois, and that's officially a full year already on Wednesday.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.