The Brink

No FFVII Remake topic?

From: Talic | Posted: March 31, 2020, 9:53:22 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
I get we're not all extremely active or anything, but I thought I would see at least one topic on it.
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 1, 2020, 16:03:29 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
I enjoyed the demo. It's different enough, that I think it'll be a fun, new experience, without ruining the nostalgia.
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 13, 2020, 6:39:29 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
So, I didn't realize the Remake wasn't the full game, so just a little pissed. Also, the combat is much more challenging...
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Talic | Posted: April 13, 2020, 12:01:13 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
I think my copy was delivered today so I may start playing it tonight. I honestly know nothing about the remake. I thought that was the best approach
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh
[E] From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 16, 2020, 16:29:22 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
Fuck the cranes... They take for fucking ever...

Also had to stop playing in front of the kids when I reached Wall Market... Much more obvious what goes on there than in the original... Lol.
---
From: Deuce | Posted: April 18, 2020, 5:48:59 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
I knew it wasn't the entire game, which is why I haven't picked it up yet. With how long it took them to get the first part released, I feel like it could be 10 years before the rest of it is out. If they release a PC version, then I might play each piece as it's released.

---
Hostis humani generis.
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: April 20, 2020, 15:52:23 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
It's challenging... I definitely had to use assess materia several time, and at least 1 boss battle took me over an hour. I feel like resistances and weaknesses play a MUCH bigger role in the remake. I like that they didn't make the fighting completely automatic like FF12. Just finished the pillar section, so almost done...
---