The Brink

I am so very bored

From: SomeRandomGuy | Posted: March 17, 2020, 13:53:27 | Message Detail | Quote | #001
This is how bored I am.

Yes, this is tangentially Covid-related.
From: Useless | Posted: March 18, 2020, 4:46:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #002
I'm working six days a week, 9-10 hours a day. So far I've managed to avoid being stabbed by fools looking for toilet paper.
---
Everyone out of the universe, quick!
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: March 19, 2020, 1:25:55 | Message Detail | Quote | #003
We're getting ready to move to a bi-weekly schedule, but still required to make our hours (salary pay)... They plan to let us use as much lwop as we need, lol. Better than no pay like a lot of people I know, I guess. Life as a government contractor.
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Lethal | Posted: March 19, 2020, 15:23:22 | Message Detail | Quote | #004
I am quite lucky; I was scheduled to start a few months of schooling this Monday (more or less when the shit hit the fan here in Canada) so now I just get to chill at home and do my schoolwork without having to go into some bullshit class. Also, with all the crazy panic buying going on, I figured out where to do all my shopping... Asian markets! The shelves are bulging, the produce is fresh, and the place is almost empty so they've got fire-sale prices. Ahh racism, my unlikely ally in these trying times...
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: SomeRandomGuy | Posted: March 19, 2020, 19:40:07 | Message Detail | Quote | #005
Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to be able to work at home. It's been an adjustment, though. My working habits here leave something to be desired.

Are you still in Burnaby, Lethal? I'm in Coquitlam now. The T&T shelves are packed, it's been great.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: March 21, 2020, 16:54:30 | Message Detail | Quote | #006
Now we're changing again, and I'm working 4 am to noon, lol. Gas stations down here have what I need. These people lived their whole lives in the city and rely on "super" stores for everything...
---
In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
From: Lethal | Posted: March 22, 2020, 12:08:56 | Message Detail | Quote | #007
SomeRandomGuy Said:
Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to be able to work at home. It's been an adjustment, though. My working habits here leave something to be desired.

Are you still in Burnaby, Lethal? I'm in Coquitlam now. The T&T shelves are packed, it's been great.

I'm actually in Coquitlam now too, we should hang out! Haha, no...

I'd actually been driving over to Triple A in Burnaby because that was my regular Asian market but yeah, I bet T&T's are a veritable cornucopia too. I'll probably start hitting them up for meats at least since Triple A mostly carries pigs feet and octopus and the like >_>
---
Society had a crime problem. It hired cops to attack crime. Now society has a cop problem.
From: SomeRandomGuy | Posted: March 24, 2020, 11:03:53 | Message Detail | Quote | #008
Lethal Said:
SomeRandomGuy Said:

I'd actually been driving over to Triple A in Burnaby because that was my regular Asian market but yeah, I bet T&T's are a veritable cornucopia too. I'll probably start hitting them up for meats at least since Triple A mostly carries pigs feet and octopus and the like >_>
---

Heh. Maybe in a year or two when all this blows over. I'm just over near Mundy Park, myself.

Pigs feet make for great soup stock! I wouldn't knock it. But yeahh, usually I'd just go to T&T for the kimchi, but given the meat selection at Superstore last time I went... Hopefully the supply chains catch up soon.
From: SomeRandomGuy | Posted: March 24, 2020, 11:09:26 | Message Detail | Quote | #009
BlaargGaakSnort Said:
Now we're changing again, and I'm working 4 am to noon, lol. Gas stations down here have what I need. These people lived their whole lives in the city and rely on "super" stores for everything...
---

I know, right? Ain't we just great?

That actually sounds like a nice shift for not having to deal with people too much.
From: BlaargGaakSnort | Posted: March 24, 2020, 16:41:38 | Message Detail | Quote | #010
And it changed 5 minutes before the end of my shift yesterday... Back to bi-weekly, lmao.
---
From: Lethal | Posted: March 24, 2020, 21:46:21 | Message Detail | Quote | #011
SomeRandomGuy Said:
Lethal Said:
SomeRandomGuy Said:

---

Heh. Maybe in a year or two when all this blows over. I'm just over near Mundy Park, myself.

Pigs feet make for great soup stock! I wouldn't knock it. But yeahh, usually I'd just go to T&T for the kimchi, but given the meat selection at Superstore last time I went... Hopefully the supply chains catch up soon.

Crazy, yeah I live right near there too. Hmm, pigs feet stock, I'll have to try that sometime... Did you cook professionally at some point? That doesn't sound like intel that the average civilian would have.
---
From: Talic | Posted: March 31, 2020, 9:48:15 | Message Detail | Quote | #012
This is a real blast from the past seeing SRG.

I'm considered "essential" so I'm going into work every day. Not too much has changed for me yet
---
The Hall of Thrax
IIRC, Africa gave us AIDS.
I would take it in the ass from Harrison Ford tbqh